Last updated 21/01/22
At Intelligent Abodes Ltd, we are committed to protecting the privacy and rights of our clients and future clients. We have set forth this statement to explain the information we collect from you, how we use that information and your legal rights regarding that information.
The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR).
One of the rights is the right to be informed, which means we have to give you more information about the way in which we use, share and store your personal information. Below is our privacy notice so you can assess this information, along with information about the increased rights you have in relation to the information we hold on you and the legal basis on which we are using it.
Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing our ‘contact us’ forms on our site.
- This includes information provided at the time of requesting information or ordering our goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you provide feedback to us about our site.
- If you purchase products or services, we might collect credit or debit card information; in these circumstances, we do not retain this information.
- We may retain information that you have posted or emailed Intelligent Abodes Ltd
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, together with your name, address, telephone numbers and email address.
- Details of your visits to our site include, but are not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent from or to Intelligent Abodes Ltd. Any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to protect unauthorised access.
How do we use the information we collect from you?
- When you choose to contact us through a contact form/web form, we collect your name, email address, and telephone number. This information is used to contact you if we need to respond to your question.
- We may use the information to support an ongoing project or for maintenance and monitoring purposes.
- We may use your personal information in the prevention and detection of fraud.
How we use your personal data
We may use information held about you in the following ways;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service to you.
Disclosure of your personal data
We will not share your information with any other organisation unless you have given us your expressed written consent to do so.
Who has access to my information?
The information you provide is controlled by Intelligent Abodes Ltd.
How do we protect your information?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored safely on our servers. Only employees of Intelligent Abodes Ltd who handle the technical management of our website, directors and custom installers can access your information. In accordance with UK Data Protection legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the information you provide to prevent unauthorised access. Our procedures mean we may occasionally request proof of identity before disclosing information to you. We cannot however guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us online.
Do we disclose your information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. If we choose to do so in the future, you will be notified by email of our intentions, and have the right to be removed prior to the disclosure.
Your consent and rights
Please note the information you provide will not be transferred out of the UK. Under UK Data Protection legislation you have a right to see the personal information that we keep about you, upon receipt of written request (by post or email) to the address below.
Intelligent Abodes Ltd.
3 The Venture Centre
Exeter EX2 8LP
Intelligent Abodes Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store personal information for up to 5 years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations.
At any point whilst Intelligent Abodes is in possession of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you can request a copy of the information that we hold on you
- Right of rectification – you have the right to correct information that we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – in certain circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right in certain situations to transfer the data we hold to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Right to object to automated processing. Including profiling.
In the event that Intelligent Abodes refuses your request under your rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why you have the right to legally challenge. At your request, Intelligent Abodes Ltd can confirm what information it holds and how it is processed.