Nest Smart Learning Thermostat
Our Home Automation video
[fts_twitter twitter_name=intelligentabod tweets_count=1 cover_photo=no stats_bar=no show_retweets=no show_replies=no]
Effective Heating Control for your Home or Business
The NEST Learning Thermostat and Nest Protect are the ultimate in comfort and controlling your energy consumption for smart heating in your home or business.
It’s often a struggle to get the balance right! We recommend and fit a few selected heat management systems that intuitively respond to your temperature requirements and can be seamlessly integrated with other Control Solutions, such as Lutron, Vantage, Rti and Control 4 so that you can manage the heat levels really effectively. As well as Heatmiser’s thermostat, the new ‘Nest Learning Thermostat’ is a product we are really enjoying using and installing as a certified “Nest Pro Installer” into homes and workplaces with great results.
The Nest Learning Thermostat takes away the hassle of programming – simply turn it up and down like a manual thermostat for about a week and Nest will create a personalised schedule that is refined over time. Nest has built in sensors, enabling it to detect when no one is home, so Nest’s Auto-Away feature will automatically turn down the temperature, helping to save even more energy.
9 Reasons to consider Nest Learning Thermostat in Your Home
- Nest eliminates the need for a programmer as it lets you control the temperature from one place and then programs itself. Nest learns what temperature you like and adds them to your schedule.
- It allows your heating to intuitively respond to drastic temperature changes. Traditionally heating is programmed to be on when at home and off when away and during the night. Nest allows you to choose a low temperature at night (e.g. 9°C), as your home temperature is unlikely to fall below 12°C, the heating will not be triggered; however, if the temperature was to fall to a dangerously low level, then it would come back on, protecting your home or business and the plumbing.
- Nest recognises changes to your schedule, so if it notices you are adjusting the temperature later into the evening, it will automatically adjust – ideal for irregular work schedules or when you have a new baby!
You can teach your thermostat your requirements – turn it up when your there, down when you leave or go to bed, it will learn the temperatures you like and creates a personal schedule which can be edited daily, taking into account changing patterns at the weekend.
- Control your heating whether you are home or away using the Nest Application – stuck at work or home early – adjust your heating on the go!
- Nest can improve energy management and save you money!
- The Energy History on the Nest Application shows the frequency and length of use, so you can make choices about the temperature and scheduling – changing the temperature by 1°C can reduce energy use by 10%.
- Nest will email you a Home Report so you can see how your energy use changes from month to month, with tips on how to save energy, so you can find that balance between comfort and energy management.
- Nest Auto Away uses in-built sensors to notice when you are away and when you are at home or work, so it automatically can adjust itself to avoid heating an empty home or business.
- The Nest leaf will appear on the thermostat when you choose an energy saving temperature based on your home/workplace and schedule.
Nest Protect, detects smoke and carbon monoxide, dangers you can’t see or smell. If smoke or carbon monoxide is detected, it does more than trigger an alarm, it also talks to you with a human voice, advising you where the problem is located and the risk of immediate danger, so you can quickly determine the best form of action. If the carbon monoxide alarm is triggered it will work with the Nest Temperature control to automatically turn the boiler off. Even if you are away from home, you can know something is wrong via an alert on phone through the Nest application.
Nest products integrate well with many of the Home Control Solutions, including Rti and Control 4, so you can have a complete management solution for your home or workplace.
Intelligent Abodes is a certified “Nest Pro Installer” so you can trust us to supply and install the Nest Thermostats and Protect – if you would like more information, please contact us.